ROOM RATES FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2020/21
|Room Type||*Booking Deposit||1st Payment incl Utilities (€800) Due 31st July 2020||2nd Payment Due 4th Dec 2020||Accommodation ONLY Fee||Accommodation + Dep/Utility Fee|
|Single in Twin Room||€300||€3,546||€2,121||€4,867||€5,967|
|Single in Twin En-suite||€300||€3,774||€2,298||€5,272||€6,372|
|Single Deluxe Room (Double Bed)||€300||€4,575||€2,917||€6,692||€7,792|
|Single Deluxe Room En-Suite (Double Bed)||€300||€4,804||€3,094||€7,098||€8,198|
Booking deposit must be paid by Cheque/Bank draft ONLY and made payable to Cuirt Na Coiribe Galway.
We do not accept international cheques/drafts.
All bank charges when transferring moiety fees are to be incurred by the tenant.
*First payment to be paid no later than Friday July 31st 2020 (2nd, 3rd, 4th, PG students)
*In the case of First year CAO applicants this period is extended to 1 day after first round offers. (Those accepting their bed spaces must make their 1st moiety payment within 24hrs of 1st round CAO offers being issued).
*Those cancelling must do so by written letter/email which must be with by us by 5pm 1 day after 1st round CAO offers have been issued.
. *To be confirmed by Dept of Education
Current residents of Cuirt Na Coiribe may transfer there 2019/20 academic year booking deposit of €300 for payment of their 2020/21 academic year booking deposit application.
**Second Moiety to be paid no later than Friday 4th December 2020 for all residents.
Applications are only accepted for the entire occupancy period of 14th September 2020 – 12th June 2021 unless otherwise agreed in writing with management.
In the event of early departure students run the risk of losing their full first moiety payment and will lose 100% of their booking deposit
Booking / Cancellation/ Damage Deposit: €300
Electricity* Non-Refundable €300.00
Utilities & Services Non-Refundable €500.00
Utilities must be paid at the same time as your 1st moiety payment.
Booking / Cancellation/ Damage Deposit
A total deposit of €300 is payable to secure your accommodation. If your application is successful, this booking deposit is held for the duration of your stay. This deposit is refundable less any deductions for damage or missing items on check out.
Management pay the bills on behalf of the students.
*The €300 electricity payment is non-refundable and is subject to a fair usage policy. I.e. students can exceed the €300 fee by 10% without incurring costs. Anything over this 10% will be invoiced to the student separately.
**Utilities & Services – covers bill management, TV license, TV, refuse, internet access, & on-site security.
Housing contracts/licence agreements will be emailed to all students in late July/early August and must be sent back to Cuirt Na Coiribe within 10 days of receipt. Failure to do so will automatically cancel your bed space.
End of year deposit refunds will be made as soon as possible after the end of the term (12th June) however due to the work load involved this will take 6 – 8 weeks.
APPLICATION AND BOOKING PROCESS
Applications for accommodation for 2020/21 will be accepted from May 2020. Rooms are only available to full-time students.
Rooms are offered on a lottery basis and taking into consideration previous conduct if formally a resident of Cuirt Na Coiribe. For non-residents referees may be requested. When completing your application please only indicate the rooms that you would accept if offered.
Please note that applications will be accepted only for the entire occupancy period from 14th of September 2020 to 12th June2021 unless otherwise agreed in writing with management. Contact office for further details.
- Please forward the booking/ cancellation deposit payment of €300.00 by cheque or bank draft made payable to Cuirt Na Coiribe Galway (We do not accept bank transfer, cash, laser or credit cards).
- We are not accepting deposits by bank transfer.
- Complete the application form and attach a passport size photo signed on the back.
- Non-Residents must include a stamp self-addressed envelope; this is used to return your deposit if your application is unsuccessful.
Please make payments payable to Cuirt Na Coiribe Galway.
And send applications to:
Accommodation Officer, Cuirt Na Coiribe Management, Administration Office, Headford Road, Galway.
All application forms and payments received will be issued with a receipt within 6 weeks of receipt of booking/ cancellation deposit.
This is not a guarantee of a bed space at Cuirt Na Coiribe.
OFFERS OF ACCOMMODATION
Offers of accommodation will be made in June 2020. Prospective residents will be required to confirm in writing acceptance of the room and type of apartment offered within 1 week of date of offer letter. Failure to do so will result in your bed space being automatically cancelled and offered to those on our waiting list.
Once you have accepted your room no further room change requests can be accommodated.
Housing contract/licence agreement will be forwarded by email in July/early August to be signed by the tenant and guarantor once the applicant accepts the offered room and returns notification of acceptance on time. Failure to return your licence agreement within 10 days of issue will automatically cancel your bed space.
If applicants do not accept the room offered, they may cancel and their booking/ cancellation deposit will be returned minus the administration fee of €100.00.
In accordance with GDPR and PRTB regulations, other tenant details will not be given out before check-in.
For those who do not receive offers of accommodation they will be notified in writing and placed on our waiting list and have their deposit returned. There are no guarantees that applicants on the waiting list will be offered accommodation at Cuirt Na Coiribe.
SECURING A ROOM
To secure a room you must ensure that you:
- Accept the offer made to you within the time specified as the offer will only be valid for a limited time period.
- Make your first moiety payment by Friday July 31st 2020*.
- Return the signed licence to reception.
Cancellation of a bed space must be made by emailing email@example.com and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the cancellation has been received by Cuirt Na Coiribe. In the event of cancellation on or before the 31st July 2020 a €100 administration fee is charged and the remainder of the booking/ cancellation deposit is returned.
Any cancellations made after 31st July 2020 run the risk of losing their full first payment and will lose all of their €300 booking deposit. Any outstanding bills will be deducted.
Applicants who are offered a bed space at Cuirt Na Coiribe and cancel or fail to return their acceptance letter on time will have their booking/ cancellation deposit returned minus the €100.00 administration fee.
If the applicant cancels after having paid the first part-payment, the onus will be on the licensee to find a replacement applicant. The replacement applicant must be suitable for the room which they are being placed in. Cuirt Na Coiribe has no obligation to find an alternative licensee. Failure to do so will result in the applicant losing all monies paid.
In the case of first year applicants:
First year applicants must notify us in writing no later than 1 day after first round offers are made if they wish to cancel their bed space, in order to receive a refund. The booking/ cancellation deposit of €300 will be returned minus a €100 administration fee.
First moiety payment must be paid within 1 day of first round offers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- A Licence Agreement is entered into between the Student & his / her Landlord. The student is obliged to follow the Village Rules, which outline the Rules & Regulations in place for the development and which forms part of the Accommodation Contract / Lease.
- Housing Contracts / Licences agreements will be emailed during summer 2020. To confirm room reservations, please read the Contract / Licence very carefully, sign and return it to Cuirt Na Coiribe Management with accommodation payments due by 31st July 2020.
- N.B: All residents are responsible for accommodation payments for the full duration of the tenancy. If a resident wishes to cancel during the Accommodation Contract / Licence period the onus is on the tenant to procure a replacement /suitable resident. if the room remains empty, liability for the rent and electricity remains the responsibility of the person named on the Accommodation Contract / Licence until the date the contract terminates.
- A key-fob will be issued on check-in on or after the 14th of September which will permit access to the allocated room. In the event of loss of key-fob during the year a replacement fob can be received from reception for a fee of €15. Keys are validated for the first semester and must be revalidated again on receipt of second moiety due before January 8th 2021.
- All bank charges are to be incurred by the applicant.
- Management pay the bills on behalf of the students. The €300 electricity payment is non-refundable and is subject to a fair usage policy. I.e. students can exceed the €300 fee by 10% without incurring costs. Anything over this 10% will be invoiced to the student separately
- Applicants who are offered a bed space at Cuirt Na Coiribe and cancel or fail to return their acceptance letter on time will have their bed space cancelled and their booking/ cancellation deposit returned minus the €100.00 administration fee.
- Applicants who cancel a confirmed bed space at Cuirt Na Coiribe on or before 31st July 2020 will have their booking/ cancellation deposit returned minus the €100.00 administration fee.
- Any cancellations made after 31st July 2020 lose 100% of their booking deposit. Applies to 2nd 3rd 4th years only.
- First year applicants must notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 day after first round offers are made (to be confirmed) if they wish to cancel their bed space, in order to receive a refund. The booking/ cancellation deposit of €300 will be returned minus a €100 administration fee. Cancellations after this date lose their full booking deposit and will run the risk of losing their full first moiety payment. Please check with Cuirt Na Coiribe office that the cancellation notification has been received.
- Apartment and room inspections will be carried out on a weekly basis during the year and all students are responsible for maintaining their property to the standard in which they received it. Students are liable for the cost of engaging contract cleaners where apartments are being neglected.
- Students are required to take out insurance cover for personal belongings held on site.
- All students are responsible for maintaining their computer equipment and updating their anti-virus software. If a student is found to have infected the Cuirt Na Coiribe network then that student will be liable for any charges incurred to restore the network.
- All invoices and bills must be paid by the due date or within 14 days of date of invoice.
- Any problems or issues within the apartment must be reported immediately by email to email@example.com.
- Residents present during fire drills must participate in the drill. Failure to do so will result in a written warning and recorded in the on-site fire register.
- While guests are permitted onsite, residents are responsible for the behaviour of their guests.
- Those requesting to have overnight guests stay over must register their guest by 1pm on the day of their arrival by completing and submitting a guest registration form.